AGF Search AGF Chat AGF Uploader AGF Gallery AGFonline Forums AGFonline AGFonline Today's Posts on AGF
Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
Author: Subject: replacement nut and tuners for a SX Callisto Jr
smodown

posted on 4-5-2010 at 09:30 AM
replacement nut and tuners for a SX Callisto Jr

Can anyone recommend parts for modding my Callisto? I have not received it yet but it's on the way and can't wait.

uglyvw
Posting Freak

posted on 4-5-2010 at 09:39 AM

I've used the wilkenson ez-locks on several including my gg1 and love them, direct drop in. I may just be a little old school, but I still prefer a good ol bone nut. blanks can be gotten from any number of sources. The LP size will work fine, but needs to be fitted and slotted. I never get a pre-slotted nut, always do my own.
smodown

posted on 4-5-2010 at 09:49 AM

I definately like the idea of locking tuners. Wilkenson it is. I was thinking bone for the nut as I am a bit old school as well (first guitar, Silvertone Dan Electro with amp in case, yeah I go back a ways) but wonder about the sustain factor. Probably not really an issue but I have never used a bone nut before. Thanks for the advice.
jhdvorsky
Super Freak

Mood: Ka-platypus!

posted on 4-5-2010 at 09:51 AM

I got some Locking tuners on the way for my GG1 jr. Hopefully they'll be here this week. :bigthumb:

Founding Member AGF Sliders Club

“When I die, they’ll say he couldn’t play sh@#, but he sure made it sound good.” - Hound Dog Taylor

Guitars:
Fender Mexican Strat - Agave Blue (My number 1), AD-201(P90s), Agile AL3100 CHSB - B-stock, Norman B18 Acoustic, Rogue Resonator - Single Biscuit Cone - Electrified, SX Ash Lapsteel w/ p90 --- SX GG1 Jr Natural (P90s) FOR SALE/TRADE , Alvarez RD-10 FOR SALE/TRADE

Amps:
Vox Valvetronic VT30, Line6 Pocket Pod

Pedals:
CryBaby Wah, Biyang FZ-7 Fuzz, Ibanez TS-9, Behringer Pan/Tremolo, Daneletrico Fab Overdrive, Boss TU-2 Tuner

Good Deals with: Roadie Joe, JoePerryforlife, TWANG Random acts of kindness from: 6twang, Perfectstranger
SkaJon
Super Freak

Mood: Ska! ska! ska! The father of Rocksteady, grandfather of Reggae music.

posted on 4-5-2010 at 10:17 AM

I personally used Grovers on my GG1 Jr and honestly I think they are great, I only had to drill one hole each for the set screw. As for the replacement nut, I personally used a TUSQ preslotted Epiphone nut and it fit just fine, made a big difference in sustain.

"Stay Free" -Mick Jones (The Clash)
Guitars:
1. Fender MIM Telecaster 2. SX GG1 Jr 3. Squier Classic Vibe Duo Sonic 4. Epiphone Les Paul Junior Special 5. Dillion Canada DXC 58 (Double Cut Les Paul Junior) 6. Fender Joe Strummer Telecaster 7. SX Furrian MN HH TBR
Bass: Korean Squier Jazz Bass
Amps:
Vox DA15, Fender FM 212R
Good Deals with: BluesHawk1, Perfect Stranger, Screaming Yellow Zonkers and Tattooed Indian, Cheeseflavor
Member of the The Frontmen- Fender Solid State Defenders! Now recruiting. Join today!
smodown

posted on 4-5-2010 at 10:27 AM
sustain

I really want this guitar to sustain like a Panimanian boxer and wonder if Tusq would sweeten up the SX P90s while giveing me the sustain I hope for. I have an Agile AD 201 and like the tone alot. I understand they are not the same P90s as in the SX.
SkaJon
Super Freak

Mood: Ska! ska! ska! The father of Rocksteady, grandfather of Reggae music.

posted on 4-5-2010 at 11:04 AM

Well I would recommend getting either a TUSQ or a real bone nut, a better bridge and possibly a new talipiece. The P90s in the SX are hot so they sound pretty darn good.

"Stay Free" -Mick Jones (The Clash)
Guitars:
1. Fender MIM Telecaster 2. SX GG1 Jr 3. Squier Classic Vibe Duo Sonic 4. Epiphone Les Paul Junior Special 5. Dillion Canada DXC 58 (Double Cut Les Paul Junior) 6. Fender Joe Strummer Telecaster 7. SX Furrian MN HH TBR
Bass: Korean Squier Jazz Bass
Amps:
Vox DA15, Fender FM 212R
Good Deals with: BluesHawk1, Perfect Stranger, Screaming Yellow Zonkers and Tattooed Indian, Cheeseflavor
Member of the The Frontmen- Fender Solid State Defenders! Now recruiting. Join today!
jhdvorsky
Super Freak

Mood: Ka-platypus!

posted on 4-5-2010 at 11:33 AM

Raise the pickups, too.... Mine wouldn't raise high enough and I had to add a little more foam underneath the bridge pu to get it high enough.

Founding Member AGF Sliders Club

“When I die, they’ll say he couldn’t play sh@#, but he sure made it sound good.” - Hound Dog Taylor

Guitars:
Fender Mexican Strat - Agave Blue (My number 1), AD-201(P90s), Agile AL3100 CHSB - B-stock, Norman B18 Acoustic, Rogue Resonator - Single Biscuit Cone - Electrified, SX Ash Lapsteel w/ p90 --- SX GG1 Jr Natural (P90s) FOR SALE/TRADE , Alvarez RD-10 FOR SALE/TRADE

Amps:
Vox Valvetronic VT30, Line6 Pocket Pod

Pedals:
CryBaby Wah, Biyang FZ-7 Fuzz, Ibanez TS-9, Behringer Pan/Tremolo, Daneletrico Fab Overdrive, Boss TU-2 Tuner

Good Deals with: Roadie Joe, JoePerryforlife, TWANG Random acts of kindness from: 6twang, Perfectstranger
smodown

posted on 4-5-2010 at 03:49 PM

I think I'll go with the Wilkenson ez locks and the preslotted epi Tusq. Since I do lousy mod work the direct drop ins and presloted nut are right up my alley. Thanks all for the tips. I really appreciate this board with all its experience with Rondo guitars. I never buy until I check this board and I've had a blast with Rondo's bang-for-the-buck guitars.

Go To Top

Agile Guitar Forum © 2008
Terms Of Service