AGF Search AGF Chat AGF Uploader AGF Gallery AGFonline Forums AGFonline AGFonline Today's Posts on AGF
Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
Author: Subject: Bezdez vs GFS for small parts
aceleroy

posted on 13-2-2010 at 12:56 PM
Bezdez vs GFS for small parts

I have read a great deal of postings here about GFS for parts upgrades (I am beginning the upgrade process on my STL50), but have also seen several positive reviews for Bezdez on ebay who apparently offers similar quality parts for less and lower s/h costs. Anyone have experience with BOTH and can comment? I can get ss saddles and roller trees from Bezdez for $15 incl s/h and the same at GFS would be $25. I am obviously leaning toward Bezdez, but wanted to see if anyone had bought upgrade parts from GFS, then found Bezdez for their next project and found the quality to be the same.

Thanks!

SX-STL 50 3TS - twanged with white pearl pg
Walden G570 acoustic
Squier Affinity Strat - stock for now
Frontman 15G
Line 6 POD 2.0
Blooz1
Posting Freak

posted on 13-2-2010 at 01:17 PM

I recently ordered a Wilkinson roller bridge from Bezdez, and it was $16 vs. $25 at GFS for the same part. Shipping was $5, coming from Canada as compared to my last order from GFS, which was a set of SS saddles for a strat. The GFS shipping was $6, with the parts coming 1st class mail.

The bridge I ordered was shipped out the same day I ordered it, and took about a week to get here. (Toronto vicinity to Connecticut)

Agile Dauntless SBD Rootbeer
SX-SST LTD2
SX -SST57 3/4 VW

Vox amPlug AC-30
Toneport D.I. w/Gold Bundle + Podfarm
Traynor TS-15

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/8998/radioagf.jpg
BigPigDave
AGF Alum

Mood: Do you feel like I do?

posted on 13-2-2010 at 01:21 PM

Though I havent purchased Bezdez,, I have installed a couple Bezdez pickups and I would say they're pretty much the same lines as GFS or GuitarHeads.net pickups (i.e. Artec made)

it's just a matter of what you'd want to spend really between the two.

Personally, I think Guitarheads.net has the better pickups if you're looking for hard hitting ceramic types - their line is different (spec wise) from GFS and most of the time, less exspensive as well...

Hey audio guy, can you please turn down the lead singers suck knob?

"We don't stop playing because we grow old - we grow old because we stop playing"

My sound clips:
http://members.soundclick.com/bigpig
http://www.esnips.com/web/bigpigdavesStuff/
http://www.youtube.com/user/bigpigdave1

Great business with:
http://www.guitarheads.net
http://www.darrenriley.com
theylive716 - 2Play - Longingforfire - Snarph - Xaos-guitarmaster79 - Sinister -Ultralight - Ihaterighties - msuman91 -Perfect Stranger-Mark Morton-ToeKnee364-Synthaxe - Scuzzo -Awake69 - Pezident - Daneman - Rick In PA - ErictheViking - PsyhcoCid - RGDave - Baldy500 - NightHawk - oldpriest - Benny - Mickey - Augustar - BuGG

I WILL NOT DO BUSINESS WITH -> http://www.prorockgear.com
Geoffrey Charles
Crazy AGFer

posted on 13-2-2010 at 01:26 PM

Bezdez is great to deal with.
gmzanatta
Super Freak

Mood: Stuck...grrrr

posted on 13-2-2010 at 01:43 PM

Bezdez is really great. As for parts quality, if it's the same as their GFS counterpart (which most of the time it is) I say go with Bezdez. Last order I had from them was for a P-90 pick-up, some pots, lockign tuners and a wilkinson roller bridge. All well worth the money and shipping was very fast (I am in Canada however).

Newest addition: Custom Tele by harpmaster (UPS broke it though)

Guitars: AL 3000M HSB Plaintop, Custom RM Olson ES335, Custom Telecaster by harpmaster, Epiphone LP100 ebony, 1972 Harmony H802, Segovia acoustic, 1962 classical (Made in Brazil)

Amps: 1965 Gibson GA-15RVT, Fender DSP 15

Pedals: Original Crybaby --> Danelectro Wasabi Distortion --> EHX Big Muff Pi USA --> Digitech XP100 --> Danelectro Chorus --> EHX Memory Boy --> Digitech JamMan Stereo

Guitars For Real Musicians
JoePerry4Life

posted on 13-2-2010 at 03:08 PM

Yeah I ordered a shit ton of parts from bezdez, got it fast as well (also in canada though). I also ordered parts from gfs alot as well. THey are pretty much the same.

Agile Al-3000 w/MRG Rocker
Douglas SIV-45
J&D ST30
SX SR1 STD Plus
AL 2k Silverburst
Peavey XXX Super 40
Crate V18 Modded
H&K Warp 7 4X12 Cab
jumboshrimp
Posting Freak

Mood: By myself but not alone...

posted on 13-2-2010 at 03:20 PM

I'd say bezdez is better for small parts like saddles, nuts and bridges, but I wouldn't buy like a floyd rose from them. They are great to deal with, and most of their items ship for five bucks if you buy them together.
Fomoiri
Posting Freak

posted on 13-2-2010 at 04:09 PM

I have ordered from Bezdez once for copper solder-less tape, 2 six foot rolls for $12 incl. shipping.

Another place that has good stuffs is Pinup Music Parts who are on ebay as well as their own website-store. Prices seem decent to me. Great selection on guitar & amp knobs.

And the Lord said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them. (Genesis 6/1-7)
gs strings
Posting Freak

Mood: FED UP

posted on 13-2-2010 at 04:53 PM

I've bought parts from both Bezdez and GFS and both are of equal quality.Bezdez is slightly cheaper and I tend to order from them the most,shipping takes about a week.
strumbum
Super Freak

Mood: Picky

posted on 13-2-2010 at 10:51 PM

I've ordered parts from both sellers. Bezdez has better prices & cheaper shipping.

The parts both offer are most likely ordered from the same factories. It's amazing to me that shipping is cheaper from Canada.... Bezdez only charges $5.00 shipping, even when ordering multiple items.

"Founding Member of the Agile Guitar Owners Guild"

Overt1
Super Freak

posted on 13-2-2010 at 11:10 PM

bezdez has cheap shipping, cheap parts, fast replies.
Daneman
Super Freak

Mood: I'm Batman !!!!

posted on 13-2-2010 at 11:14 PM

Got my order from them today. Ordered it last Sat. These guys rock !!!

Agile Valkyrie 1 ,Agile AL-2500 Albino , Se SST Blackie B stock modded, Agile 2000 two tone sunburst w Z-buckers BPD special !!,Sx LTD 2 Natural w Lil Killers !!!,Sx SEG1 ash w Gheads hexbuckers !!!,Agile Valkyrie Floyd Rose,Blacked out with Guitarheads Actives.
Agile AS-820 Ebony w Agile 3000 pickups, Agile St 802 Sunburst w maple neck old headstock.Sx Custom Ash tele,ltd 2 style,Sx furian HH MN,Vintage Green Tree Guitars partscaster,Sx body

Official Member of the Agile Guitar Owner\'s Guild, Founding Member of the Official Agile Enablers Guild

Great business with longingforfire !!! And Perfect Stranger !! And Snarph !!And sly_d!!! And Walley !!!
And jjegg !!!And OLD PRIEST !!!!!And Customisbetter !!! GOLDBONDER !!! Timmwood !!! The PEZIDENT !!! Darko312!!!Tkozuch !!!Stormin 1155 !!!!TWANG!!!!BIGPIGDAVE!!!!mikenelson!!!!STACKS!!!NCgeek!!!adad!!!!Dimitri !!!!Mr. Chow !!!!LowEndSlacker !!!tbe275!!!

Member of the Agile Bluezies
Member of the The Frontmen- Fender Solid State Defenders!
Member of the None More Black Owners Foundation
Gear_Junky
Super Freak

Mood: sprung forward

posted on 13-2-2010 at 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Geoffrey Charles
Bezdez is great to deal with.

+1 - unless i want specific pickups/parts from GFS that nobody else has, bezdez = lower price/lower ship. :bigthumb:

These are now links to corresponding threads:

GUITARS:
Douglas WNO 630 SO (b-stock) Bigsby, Gretsch HS Filtertrons, gretsch rocking bar bridge
SX SJM-62 VWH "Deepthroat VI" baritone (gretsch lapsteel SC pickups)
SX SJM-62 CAR (Gretsch HS Filtertrons)
SX SJM-62 PBU "Bluesy" (keeping it stock with P90's)
Brownsville GG1 (LP style) with Dream 180's, coil-splitting and phase switch. Bigsby-style vibrato.
ACOUSTIC:
Brownsville DG-3S solid-top dreadnaught
AMPS:
SCXD - Fender Super Champ XD with Jensen p10r alnico speaker.
Kay model 504
Danelectro Nifty Seventy
Danelectro Honeytone mini-amp
BASSES:
Brownsville Violin Bass (Douglas WVEB look-alike)
Dean Playmate EAB Acoustic 4-string
SX SPB-57 3TS FRETLESS

FOR TRADE/SALE - CLICK HERE
Good Deals with: Ultralight23k, Perfect Stranger, gilmourjunkie, jgmedanth, TWANG, STACKS, schecterc1lh, Scuzzo, erictheviking, George_Jetson, adad
DerDrache

Mood: Coffee is a mood, right?

posted on 14-2-2010 at 12:56 AM

For multiple items, do you just add them all at the same time and hope that they're all fulfilled at the same time?

Great transactions with ScreamingYellowZonkers, SkaJon, theylive716, jakkim, guitaress, brgminicooper, hot4sheep, ziggle and Perfect Stranger!

========= Click any name to see it! ========
Agile AL-3000 Tobacco Burst | Agile AL-3000 Goldtop w/P90s | Agile AL-2000 Tobacco w/GFS Alnico IIs | Fender Blacktop Jazzmaster | PRS Singlecut SE | Fender 48th Street Strat (HSS) | Fender Standard Tele | Squier Classic Vibe 60s Strat | Squier Classic Vibe 50s Strat | Classic Vibe Thinline Tele | Squier 51

Amps:
Mesa Boogie 5:50 | Fender Deluxe 112 Plus
===================================
Overt1
Super Freak

posted on 14-2-2010 at 12:59 AM

you can pay for all of them at once. you don't have to hope
Fomoiri
Posting Freak

posted on 14-2-2010 at 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DerDrache
For multiple items, do you just add them all at the same time and hope that they're all fulfilled at the same time?

For Bezdez ebay, buy all the items you want, if it's one item, like copper tape just enter the quantity in the box next to it. They may do a combined shipping for multiple items - something to ask before hand.

If the seller does a lot of transactions, I usually ask about combined shipping and let them know I will be buying several items so they will get shipped at the same time. Haven't done it with Bezdez but have with others.

And the Lord said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them. (Genesis 6/1-7)
  Go To Top

Agile Guitar Forum © 2008
Terms Of Service